I’ve taken to posting all changelog messages here instead of on the frontpage of Mugenmonkey. This will allow me to remodel the frontpage to be a bit more helpful. Since I didn’t want to just throw away all of those old announcements and changelog messages, I’ll be adding them to this post for posterity.
July 19th, 2016
Future announcments and changelogs will now be posted on my my blog. All changes will be posted there, and not here. Eventually this page will be replaced with something more useful.
June 12th, 2016
Infusions have been added to the Dark Souls 3 planner! This would not have been possible without the amazing work monrandria and pireax did in mining out all of the infusion and scaling data. Check out there spreadsheet here.
May 4th, 2016
The first version of AR calculation for the DS3 planner has been released. Very big thanks to Trogggg for discovering most of the scaling modifiers!
Take a look at his standalone AR calculator!
April 30th, 2016
Dark Souls 3 Character Planner has been released! Please see this Reddit post for some detailed info on the release.
November 23rd, 2015
The Old Hunters DLC is releasing tonight! In preparation for that, I’ve added all of the new weapons, armor and runes to the Bloodborne planner. You may want to avoid using the BB planner if you want to avoid spoilers for now.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The stats are not accurate for the new equipment yet. I will update them throughout the week as we get improved info.
April 28th, 2015
Comments have been re-enabled for now. However, you now have the ability to prevent comments on your build when you create it (there is a “Allow comments?” checkbox). I do not really have time to moderate the comments section, so if you wish to avoid possible spam or trolling on your build entirely, do not allow comments.
April 22nd, 2015
Bloodborne Planner has been released! Check out this Reddit post for more info.
April 2nd, 2015
Due to the prevalance of trolling and spam in the comments, they have been disabled for now. Moderating them is a bit difficult, so I will be looking into a better solution for commenting in the future.
January 31st, 2015
Huge updates, as you can see! Before anybody panics about changes they see, please at least skim this:
There have been some major backend updates that required a huge database migration. All accounts, builds, and comments should be migrated. However, if you seem to be missing something please let me know. The Dark Souls 1 planner has been left unchanged. Everything should work there exactly as you remember it. The build browsing and rating may be a bit different, but the planner itself is the same. The Dark Souls 2 planner should work fine, but is a Work in Progress. Certain features may be missing and certain calculations may be off or broken. I’m aware, and it will continue to get better. The Dark Souls 2 planner does not currently calculate Weapon AR. This will likely be added sometime after Scholar of the First Sin. There wasn’t much of a point in adding it now, as SotFS is likely to rebalance a lot of weapons. That being said, I hope you all enjoy the Dark Souls 2 and Demon’s Souls planners. The Demon’s Soul planner was created entirely by Nigh7H4wk, who was nice enough to be willing to let me host it on Mugenmonkey. The styling on the Dark Souls 2 planner is also thanks to him.
You can save your Demon’s and Dark Souls 2 builds to your original Mugenmonkey accounts (which should all still work).
The Dark Souls 2 planner has some sweet fashion-souls.com integration now. That site was created by citiral, and is great, so check it out! When you create a build, it will autogenerate the URL to access a Fashion Souls link that matches your current build’s armor. See if you can beat my Fashion!
July 15th, 2016
- DS3: Fixed a bug causing the luck bonus from hollow weapons not being reset when changing to a non hollow weapon
- DS3: You will now only get the double luck bonus if your two hollow weapons are in corresponding hands (e.g., LH1 and RH1)
July 4th, 2016
- DS3: Fixed the bug that was causing Faith physical scaling to be applied to weapons it should not
June 25th, 2016
- DS3: Added the “hollowing” stat and the luck bonuses when hollow weapons are equipped.
- DS3: Fixed a bug that caused stats to be calculated incorrectly when using a levelable stat modifying ring (e.g., Prisoner’s Chain) and changing class
- DS3: Fixed scaling for weapons that scale with faith
- DS3: Added Sage Ring +1 and +2
- DS3: Fixed various incorrect stat requirements
June 14th, 2016
- DS3: Fixed a bug preventing builds with the Heavy Crossbow from Rendering
June 12th, 2016
- DS3: Support for infusions has been added
- DS3: Infusions should calculate AR mostly correct
- DS3: Two handing should now affect AR
May 22nd, 2016
- DS3: Equipment is now alphabetized
- Shields now check stat requirements
May 15th, 2016
- DS3: Added a 2-handing option. Your strength will be current strength * 1.5 for the purpose of strength requirements
- DS3 and DS2: Fixed a longstanding stat layout problem experienced in certain browsers
- DS3: Removed the “Lingering Dragoncrest Ring +3” (doesn’t exist in game). If you had a build with that ring it has been replaced with the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring +2
- Sitewide: fixed a style regression preventing dropdown arrows from appearing in certain browsers
May 13th, 2016
- DS3: Fixed Ring of Favor stamina modifiers
- DS3: Fixed Endurance stamina modifiers
- DS3: Various stat and typo fixes
May 8th, 2016
- DS3: Improved spell handling. It will now not allow you select a spell that would go over your attunement or that you do not have the stats for
- DS3: Miscellaneous bug and stat fixes
May 5th, 2016
- DS3: Miscellaneous bugfixes
- DS3: Fixed some problems with AR calculation of elemental damage
May 4th, 2016
- DS3: First pass at uninfused AR calculation
May 1st - 3rd, 2016
- DS3: Various bug and stat fixes
April 30th, 2016
- Dark Souls 3 planner, v1
December 19th, 2015
- Dark Souls 2: Selecting “2 Hand Weapons” now properly decreases the strength requirement on weapons
- Bloodborne: fixed various armor stats
November 24th, 2015
- Bloodborne: updated all of the DLC weapons with correct scaling modifiers, courtesy of TalentedJuli on Reddit
November 23rd, 2015
- Bloodborne: Added new weapons, runes, and armor for The Old Hunters DLC
November 21, 2015
- Bloodborne: Added the Impurity Rune and One Eyed Iron Helm
October 7th, 2015
- Fixed various typos
- Dark Souls 2: Added the Fume Sorcerer Gloves and Boots
- Dark Souls 2: Fixed the weight on the Small Leather Shield
- Dark Souls 2: Fixed order of weaons in text export
- Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne: Fixed dropdown arrows
- Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne: Fixed searchboxes
- Bloodborne: Fixed text on Clockwise Metamorphosis(2)
- Bloodborne: Fixed the name of the Iron Yahar’gul helm
- Bloodborne: Fixed calculation of certain stats when less than 10
- Bloodborne: Added Blood, Bolt, Fire defense to Great Lake Runes
- Bloodborne: Fixed sorting of top builds
May 1st, 2015
- Bloodborne: armor defense reduction should now be correctly calculated
April 30th, 2015
- Bloodborne: Added all of the other Rune tiers
April 28th, 2015
- Comments re-enabled, with the ability to prevent comments on your build if you do not want them
April 24th, 2015
- Added Beast Claw scaling (Bloodborne)
- Fixed HP when Vit < 10 (Bloodborne)
- Fix defense bug when level is 111 (Bloodborne)
April 23rd, 2015
- Fixed various bugs on the Bloodborne planner
April 21st, 2015
- Released some optimizations that should speed up the site a bit
- Other various updates
- Work is being done on a Bloodborne planner; hopefully out soon
April 8th, 2015
- Added the Forlorn Armor set (only available in Scholar of the First Sin)
- Some minor armor stat fixes
Feb 21st, 2015
- Dark Souls 2: Changing class should now behave more like the DS1 planner, maintaining your stat level when your class is changed
- Dark Souls 2: Hover your mouse over “Starting Class” to get the optimal class for your stats. I will be working on a more obvious way to display that in the future
- Dark Souls 2: Fixed a bug where removing a stat bonus item did not reset the calculated stat
Feb 14th, 2015
- Dark Souls 2: Items that change levelable stats should now be applied correctly (e.g., Strength and Dexterity rings)
Feb 10th, 2015
- Added a “Mugenmonkey Supporters” section to the donations page.
Feb 4th/5th, 2015
- Fixed a bunch of random bugs. Thanks to those reporting them, it really helps improve the site.
- Font tweaks
Feb 3rd, 2015
- Special armor effects should be applied now in the DS2 planner. NOTE: this does not yet apply to effects that modify levelable stats (e.g., Strength, Vitality, etc). Still working on that, should be in soon.
Feb 2nd, 2015
- Added “Active Effects” box to DS2 planner. Does not yet include armor or special weapon effects.
- Added Raime’s Armor
- Fixed a bug in the DS1 planner causing stats to reset after changing classes
- Other minor bugfixes
January 31st, 2015
Tons of updates (as you can see!)
- Added working Dark Souls 2 planner
- Added support for saving DS2 builds
- Added support for commenting on/browsing/rating DS2 builds
- Added Demon’s Souls planner (courtesy of Nigh7H4wk)
- Added saving/commenting/browsing/rating for Demon’s Souls builds
- Tweaked the overall look/navigation of the site
- Left the Dark Souls 1 planner alone
- Added Fashion Souls support the DS2 planner (courtesy of citiral)
- Made tons of backend changes and updates
You may also notice some changes to the way the build browsing and rating works.
- You now need an account to rate or comment
- The scoring used for “Top Builds” is a little different. I am going to keep tweaking it.
- Builds created by non-registered users will no longer have a linkable view. The reasoning is that previously anybody could claim they were somebody (i.e., “OroboroTheNinja”) while creating a build, and there would be a list of builds that appeared to incorrectly belong to that person.